This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
What is Ebates?
Ebates has been around since 1998. For almost 20years, Ebates members have earned over $1 billion in Cash Back at their favorite stores. Ebates gives their customers a hassle-free way to save money on things they buy every day. It is completely free to use, and you get paid to shop online. You can earn cash back through their affiliate links to various websites.
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
Ebates is an affiliate marketing site with over 2000 affiliate stores such as Amazon, Target, Forever21, Macys, Gap, to name just a few. There is a wide range of stores to shop from. The good thing about Ebates is that it is free. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a $10 gift card as a signup bonus or a $10 Ebates cash bonus.
How Does Ebates Work?
The simple process is this:
On the signup page, select your signup bonus; you have a choice between a $10 Walmart Gift Card or a $10 Ebates cash bonus at this time. It may change by the time you read this.
You can sign up with your Facebook, Google account, or you can use your email address. Once you’ve entered your information, simply confirm that you are not a robot then hit the “Join” button and you’ll be on your way to earning cash back.
The customer logs into their Ebates account, click the “shop now” button, and shop at the online store. A percentage of the purchase is deposited in that customers Ebates account.
For example, if I make a $200 purchase from Macys and there is an offer on Ebates for 10% cash back, $20 dollars will be deposited in my Ebates account.
When shopping online, go to Ebates.com, find your online store, make your purchase and you’ll get cash back. It’s that simple. Cash back amounts vary by store and product category.
What Stores are a part of Ebates?
There are over 2000 affiliate stores.
The lists above are just a few of the stores. There are too many stores to list and they are constantly updating the list.
Just so you do not forget to use Ebates when shopping, you can install the Ebates browser add-on which will make for a more convenient shopping experience.
When you visit websites with the Ebates plugin installed, it will automatically notify you if you can get cash back for shopping at that website. You can either dismiss the notification, or click a button to activate the cashback. Be sure to activate cashback BEFORE making any purchases.
How long does it take Ebates to register a purchase? How Do I Get Paid by Ebates.com?
Once you make a purchase, the cash back will show up in your Ebates account within seven days.
You can receive your payment through PayPal or request for a check to be mailed to you. You get paid 4 times a year.
|Purchases Posted Between||Big Fat Check Sent|
|Jan 1 –Marc 31||May 15|
|Apr 1 – June 30||Aug 15|
|July 1 – Sept 30||Nov 15|
|Oct 1 – Dec 31||Feb 15|
I recommend getting paid through PayPal. It is faster and reduces the chances that your check will be lost in the mail. You also have the option to donate your earnings to charity organization.
In rare cases, where the cash back does not show, email customer care and fill out the information. Once you complete the form, the money is instantly put into your account
How to earn money with Ebates?
The stores pay Ebates a commission for sending customers to their site to make a purchase. Ebates in turn, pay their members for using their affiliate links to the different stores.
Well, apart from the cash back you receive from your online purchases, you can also earn money referring your friends and family to Ebates. You earn one referral bonus per individual person referred, providing that your referral keeps an active account. That means your referral has to make a qualifying purchase of at least $25 within ninety (90) days of becoming a member.
Another way you can make money with Ebates is with the Ebates Cash Back Visa Credit Card. With this Visa Card, you can earn extra 3% cash back when you use it to make your purchase, as well as an additional 1% if you also use it where Visa is accepted. Hey, and this credit card is absolutely free; no annual fee or anything. But you need to have a good credit score to apply for it.
Tips to Maximize Your Earnings
1. Don’t disable cookies on your computer. If you disable cookies, you won’t be able to earn cash back on your purchases. If you are using an ad blocker, whitelist Ebates.com.
2. Complete your purchase in the same session. You’re normally given 30 day; but I hate to take chances. If you visit other sites before completing your purchase, there is a high possibility that you won’t earn cash back.
3. Use the cash back button each time you shop. This will let you know if there is any cash back for that item as well as if there is a percentage being offered. The cash back button will allow you to add coupons, if there are any available.
4. Refer your friends! Ebates has an awesome referral program. As a member, you’ll have your own referral link – and when someone joins Ebates through your link and makes a qualifying purchase, you’ll get $25 and they’ll get $10!
5. Use the PayPal option to get your payment.
Get Cashback at Physical Stores
You can now get cashback in physical stores! All you have to do is link your credit or debit card.
- Ebates is free. It equals free money.
- You shop online like you normally would and buy the things you normally would. The only difference is clicking a link before you shop and making some extra cash.
- You can now get cashback in physical stores! This applies to a limited number of stores,
- You can search for coupons and get cash back at the same time, allowing you to get double the savings.
- Use Ebates button plugin for all the major browsers, so you won’t forget to use Ebates. With the browser plugin, there’s a cash back button at the top of any eligible site you visit. All you do is click the button and it creates a tracking ticket for you, then you can shop as usual.
- They have a refer-a-friend program. They give $10 gift card for every new member who signs up for Ebates and makes a $25 purchase.
- You only get paid 4 times a year.
- Complaints about missed payouts.
Ebates is a free, simple and legit cash back website that rewards you for shopping through their links. The good thing about Ebates is that there are no extra time set aside than the time you would normally use to shop.
If you can get past the few cons listed above, Ebates offers an easy way to earn a little cash. I’ve been a user for several years and have no complaints.
While it won’t make you rich, Ebates is a great way to save money and pay less than everyone else for the same items.